Hugh Alexander has many years of highly trusted and professional experience in the handling of financial management.
Backed by over 14 years of experience in managing the financial accounts of some of the largest law firms in North Carolina, including Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, (the largest firm in NC), Hugh Alexander holds broad and extensive knowledge and skills in accounts payable, billing, financial reporting, bank account reconciliation and management, budgeting, wire transfers and more.
Hugh Alexander holds a BS in Accounting from North Carolina State University, and is a regular volunteer with the American Red Cross.
He has vast experience in all aspects of accounting, bookkeeping and reporting for both small and large businesses:
- Highly motivated and results-oriented accountant entrusted with highly sensitive documents and large financial transactions.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in accounts payable, billing, financial reporting, bank account reconciliation and management, budgeting and wire transfers.
- Experience includes on-site accountant for over 120 attorneys and staff with Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, executing all accounting tasks required by the Charlotte office. Has also held positions as Accounting Administrator and CFO of the law firm Dean & Gibson, as well as President of Secure Money Managers, LLC.
- Has been recognized for outstanding audit results, as evidenced by external auditors issuing repeated exceptional ratings.
Specialties: accountant, staff accountant, accounts payable, billing, billing coordinator, account reconciliation, account management, trust account management, trust account, budgeting, wire transfer, financial report, audit, commercial real estate, real estate, money market accounts, accounting training, full cycle accounts payable, invoice, vendor, check, general ledger, MS Office, Peachtree, QuickBooks, excel, volunteer
Womble, Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, the largest law firm in North Carolina
- Overseeing trust accounts for Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, the largest law firm in North Carolina.
- Responsible for reconciling and maintaining accounts with an annual inflow and outflow of over $100 million.
- The single point of contact for accounting personnel and accounting department coordinator, ensuring all firm accounting policies were enforced.
- Identified and instituted new financial security measures to protect the law firm from fraudulent transactions.
- Instituted and implemented accounting procedures in the local office that were adopted by the corporate office as standard procedures firm wide.
- Accounting Administrator and CFO of the law firm Dean & Gibson
- Instituted and improved professional accounting procedures and oversaw all the financial affairs of the firm.
- Supervised assistants in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Secure Money Managers, LLC
- President of Secure Money Managers, LLC
- SMM is a Daily Money Managers business designed to provide individuals with trusted, professional help in navigating personal finance issues such as bill paying, budgets, and record keeping for their personal income and expenses. They also work in a close relationship with the client’s Financial and Estate Planners, CPA and/or Tax Advisors to ensure all personal finances are in order.
Call us to discuss your current bookkeeping needs at (704) 560-9318